Artefacts of Old
The Following is a summary of a log that Xidonis put together so far that explains his goal to free his people from Sith Control.
- The contents seems to be directed entirely to a sympathetic ear. Presumably it was intended to be a log for other clans who would listen, as well as sympathisers who would see the mandalore people freed of there three century incarceration.
- Xidonis refers to several texts written by Mandalore the Ultimate and Mandalore the Preserver that have evidence stating that the mandalorian wars happened because the figure known as the emperor suggested the Republic was weak and ripe for the taking. Xidonis goes on to explain that this explains the alteration in the mandalorians “Neo-crusader movement” which removed the core of mandalore tradition in there battles.
- The log outlines his unwilling betrayal of his clan in order to better to postion himself to reveal the conspiracy. He and Marrs, Cordo’s father, accepted that If the clan were brought before mandalore as conspirators, tradition dictated the Jace clan would face Mandalore as there accuser. instead, his accusations were dealt with by an imperial invasion of the planet, conveniently coinciding with Xidonis’ accusations of conspiracy. Xidonis heard of Marrs death and assumed the same of Cordo, which he despaired at as he was now alone, and inadvertantly condemned his family to death.
- Xidonis intends to continue to become Mandalore’s key general, and continues in secret to learn of his corruption and the Sith’s involvement in there affairs. what he has learned so far is that the Mandalorians have been nothing but fodder for the emperors war machine, and fully believes unless Mandalore is removed, they will never be free.
- Xidonis came across Nola by accident. The Twi’lek was more or less exactly how she was when Jace met her, a frightened runaway slave fearing for her life. Xidonis took her from Dromund Kaas when she stowed away on his ship. she was the first to join his cause though he knows she only follows for fear her master would find her. As the log progresses, it becomes clear Xidonis cares a great deal for her and believes his cause would have suffered had fortune not put her on his ship.
- Xidonis met Slarassk while in the service of Karpada the Hutt. it seems the bounty on his head was a result of his escape from Karpada’s service. Slarassk was ambushed by Karpada’s men, when the trandoshan was no longer useful to him. Slarassk has a life debt with Xidonis, and his word it seems was his bond.
- R.A.A.I is barely mentioned, but it seems the droid came into his service after attempting to eliminate Nola. between she and Xidonis, they deactivated and reprogrammed the droid to serve them. It seems he is able to construct droid bodies with the use of a mobile verbobrain that is capable of overriding another droids, meaning as long as R.A.A.I’s brain could escape, the loss was minimal.
- Xidonis heard of Jace from Ergeron initially, and heard of his intention to kill him. Xidonis was confused about this and his apprehension of his friends childs existence only worsened when Mandalore commanded, (after a failed assassination by Imperial Intelligence, off the books) that he kill the last traitor of the Jace clan. Mandalore is going to reward Xidonis as his loyal protector, the goal Xidonis needs to get in the position to eliminate the false leader. Xidonis’ reasoning is that Jace was one life compared to the freedom of all the clans being lied to by a sith puppet.
- Xidonis does not want to kill Jace, but rather the idea of him. If he ceased to be, Mandalore would assume it was done, and Marrs son could still live. Xidonis did not enjoy the method he used to bring Jace to talk, but abhorred the idea that Marr’s Son would sacrifice a friend if it meant a chance at Revenge. He now believes Jace to be a dishonourable child, unworthy of his fathers name, and Death as a Mandalorian is the only honourable course for him. it does still however seem Xidonis wishes for another way, but it seems Jace has left him little choice.